Monday, November 14, 2005

My best friends....Part I

Wedding.It was my best friends wedding reception.
We were welcomed with an instant(artificial?) smile
at the reception. The Italian tiles and the aesthetic art work
in the hall boasted the wealth of the groom.I can see my friend
Tanya attired in bridal costume accepting everyones wishes with
her usual smile.

Well,the groom is from United States of A(where else??).
He was stout, kind of gigantic in stature and had a slight bald
in his forehead.She in her traditional Tangail bengali saree
almost looked like an angel.

Tanya....Shez my Engineering collegemate.
One of the eccentric human being I have seen.
We have discussed almost everything during our college
days-from sex to divine-from Stephan Hawking's String theory to
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, the disease that crippled him to the
wheel chair-from complex Game theory algorithms to
Nicolo Machiavelli's political doctrines.

An enthusiastic odissi dancer whose hobbies include still photography and
taking classes for Primary school students(?!)...but the problem with her
is she doesnt believe in God, and even worse, she doesnt believe in Love!
(Hey, thatz an hormonal imbalance,therez nothing called as love!!)

The kind of analytical reasoning and the business acumen she possesed
made me think that she will one day lead a big business conglomerate.
Atleast she is nonpareil in our college.

But during our final year college tour...
On a full moon night...
While sauntering in the beaches of kanyakumari she told me that her
wish is to get married and to become a mother of a boy and a girl.
Seems motherhood is the eternal joy she wants in her life!
Girls are quite complex to understand.

My friend Balu entered the reception hall.
"Heey, whatz this, Red color shirt and red color pant?, looks odd...",this is myself.


"Didnt you see Asin's interview yesterday"

"wwwhat...??"

"Red is Asin's favourite color"

"Nee ellam thirunthavee maatiyadaa...?"

He switches his loyalties towards actress almost every fortnight.

Balu,"Is the groom from USA or UK"

"USA"

"Machhi, if every one is getting married to US guy, who will marry the
bachelors like me in India..."

"Summa irraa"

"Do you think the guy really deserve Tanya,avanum avan thalaiyum, Kiliya pudichii,...."

"Deey, summa irraaa"

We reached the dais....
I can see the happiness in Tanya's eyes on seeing me and Balu.

She introduced us to him.He seems to be not interested in these
formalities and spoke in an heavy californian accent.

"This is senthil..."

"Ohhhhh...Cooool maaan"- was his only reply.

I dont know whatz cool in my name.

Now a days I stopped going to reception hosted by the US grooms.
But I was happy that my friend got married as she wished and

settled comfortably in her life.

I didnt know that my happiness wont last long.
(To be continued..)

3 comments:

  1. waiting for Part II

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dei, you have got the flair for writing da!
    I think you should seriously start something on this front !

    I too am waiting for the second part. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Machi Machi, too machi ...

    Great going sir, One day I will tell my child that THE GREAT WRITER senthil is my friend...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Email Subscriptions powered by FeedBlitz

Your email address:


Powered by FeedBlitz